|D.O.B.||15 February 1990|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2014 Beijing ePrix|
|Teams|| Andretti Autosport|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||5 (5 Starts)|
Charles Pic, born 15 February 1990, is a French born racing driver, who competed in the 2014/15 FIA Formula E Championship for China Racing. Pic had originally signed for Andretti Autosport, but only raced for them at the 2014 Beijing ePrix, before leaving due to his Formula One testing schedule.
Pic began pursuing a career in motorsport relatively late, meaning he had few successes in karting before stepping up into full blooded motor racing. His speed showed, and within three years, Pic went from Formula Campus to a GP2 Asia race seat in 2009, claiming a race win that season. 2010 and 2011 saw Pic compete in the main GP2 series, where his performances earned him a drive with Marussia in Formula One for 2012.
Two years in F1 (which also involved a season with Caterham), saw Pic claim no points, although his raw talent led Lotus F1 to name him as a test driver for 2014 after he was washed out at the end of 2013. With the F1 season coming to an end before the Formula E championship got into full swing, Pic was allowed to join the Andretti team in the 2014/15 Formula E season.
Formula E History
Pic was announced as Andretti Autosport's second driver shortly before the 2014 Beijing ePrix, slotting beside Franck Montagny. Pic had a clean if not quiet race to fourth in the inaugural race, benefiting from incidents in front to gain places. After missing several ePrix due to other commitments, Pic was approached by China Racing to stand in for Ho-Pin Tung at the 2015 Miami ePrix. An early spin caused him to tumble down the field, meaning he failed to score on his second début.
Indeed, Pic's Beijing points were to be the majority of his haul during his five race stint in Formula E, as he only scored once more at the 2015 Monaco ePrix. After a fifteen place finish at the 2015 Berlin ePrix, Pic was replaced by Antonio Garcia and later Oliver Turvey for the remaining races of the season, having scored 16 points in his time, and also supporting Nelson Piquet Jr. (his China Racing team mate) to the title. Pic would not be called upon again after the 2014/15 Season.
Full Formula E Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Charles Pic's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E Entries
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Charles Pic during their FE career:
|Charles Pic's Overall Formula E Record|
|2014/15||Andretti Autosport||27||Spark-Renault SRT_01E||18th||16|
|China Racing||88||Spark-Renault SRT_01E|
Below is a table showing Charles Pic's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- 'Driver's Club: Charles Pic', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/drivers-club/charles-pic.aspx, (Accessed 06/07/2015)
- 'Charles Pic joins Andretti to fill the final seat on the Formula E grid', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/09/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/september/charles-pic-fills-final-seat-on-the-formula-e-grid.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- 'Pic returns to Formula E with China Racing', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/03/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/charles-pic-replaces-ho-pin-tung-at-china-racing.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- 'Lucas di Grassi snatches win after dramatic last corner crash', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 13/09/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/september/lucas-di-grassi-snatches-win-after-dramatic-last-corner-crash.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- 'Poleman Buemi doubles up', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 09/05/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/may/poleman-buemi-doubles-up.aspx, (Accessed 09/05/2015)