|Date of Birth||7 May 1991|
|Date of Death|
|Experience||Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters|
Formula 3 Euro Series
|Formula E Career|
|Début||2018 Rookie Test|
|Teams||Mahindra Racing; HWA Racelab|
Juncadella began his racing career in karting in 2004. In 2007, he graduated to single-seaters racing in the Master Formula Junior Championship, where he finished runner-up. The following year, after six races towards the end of the prior season, Juncadella switched to the Formula BMW Championships with the EuroInternational outfit. Across two seasons, he achieved four wins and finished fourth in 2008 behind former Formula One and Formula E racer Esteban Gutiérrez and runner-up to teammate and former Formula One driver Felipe Nasr in 2009.
European Formula 3
In 2010, Juncadella began a three year alliance with Prema Powerteam in the series. He achieved his maiden win at the final round at Hockenheim and finished eighth overall behind champion Edoardo Mortara. The following year, Juncadella achieved four wins to finish third behind teammate Roberto Merhi and took victory in the prestigious Macau Grand Prix. In 2012, Juncadella dominated the season to claim the title as well as the Masters of F3 race at Zandvoort.
From 2013 until their withdrawal from the series, Juncadella served as a driver for the Mercedes DTM team.
From 2008 until 2009, Juncadella raced with backing from the Red Bull Junior Team. Between 2012 and 2013, Juncadella tested with Ferrari and Williams. In 2014, he served as reserve driver with Force India.
Formula E History
In 2016, Juncadella expressed an interest in joining the sport. The following year, Juncadella joined Mahindra Racing for the pre-season test at Valencia, with the aim of becoming the team's third driver. In February 2018, Juncadella once again joined the outfit for the rookie test at Marrakech.
In July 2018, Juncadella was mentioned as a potential candidate for the incoming HWA AG outfit, along with fellow Mercedes-backed racers Edoardo Mortara, Maro Engel, Gary Paffett, Paul di Resta and Lucas Auer.
Full Formula E Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Daniel Juncadella's career in Formula E in statistical form:
|Daniel Juncadella's Formula E Test Record|
|2017/18||Mahindra Racing||19||Mahindra M4 Electro||Test Driver|
|2018/19||HWA Racelab||5||Venturi VFE 05||Test Driver|
|2019/20||Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team||5||Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01||Test Driver|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 'Juncadella secures Euro F3 double', formulascout.com, (FormulaScout, 21/10/2012), http://www.formulascout.com/juncadella-secures-euro-f3-double/2621, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Daniel Juncadella wins spectacular Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix', autosport.com, (Autosport, 20/11/2011), https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/96360/juncadella-takes-macau-gp-victory, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 'Formula 3 champion Daniel Juncadella completes Ferrari F1 test', autosport.com, (Autosport, 09/11/2012), https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/104141/juncadella-undertakes-ferrari-f1-test, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 'Daniel Juncadella joins Sahara Force India as a reserve driver', web.archive.org, (Sahara Force India, 24/01/14), https://web.archive.org/web/20140126215100/http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail/general/daniel-juncadella-joins-sahara-force-india-as-a-reserve-driver, (Accessed 17/06/18)
- ↑ 'Mercedes DTM driver Daniel Juncadella eyes Formula E chance', autosport.com, (Autosport, 16/12/2016), https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/127509/juncadella-eyes-formula-e-chance, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 'Juncadella to test for Mahindra in Valencia', motorsport.com, (Motorsport Network, 02/10/17), https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/juncadella-mahindra-test-reserve-driver-960395/, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 'Formula E rookie test driver line-up revealed', fiaformulae.com, (ABB FIA Formula E, 04/01/2018), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018/january/formula-e-rookie-test-driver-line-up-revealed/, (Accessed 17/06/2018)
- ↑ 'Mortara, Paffett Favorites for Final Seat at Venturi', e-racing365.com, (e-racing365, 24/07/2018), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/mortara-paffett-favorites-to-partner-massa-at-venturi/, (Accessed 31/07/2018)
|The DTM Wiki has information on Daniel Juncadella! Click here to find out more.|