|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2020 Berlin eTrophy Race 1|
|Final Race||2020 Berlin eTrophy Race 7|
|Total Entries||8 (8 Starts)|
Grégory Segers (born 2001) is a French racing driver, who competed for Jaguar China Racing during the 2019/20 Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Series in the Pro class. The youngest driver in the eTrophy field, Segers would compete in the final seven races of the 2019/20 season, achieving a best finish of fourth.
Segers first appearance in any motorsport series of note would be in the 2017 edition of the V de V Endurance Series, making two appearances in the Proto class. In 2018 Segers would secure a seat in the supporting V de V Challenge Monoplace series, finishing as runner-up with five wins in fourteen races. The following campaign saw Segers move into the Ultimate Cup Series, finishing third in the GT class, while also making two appearances in the French GT4 Cup.
Segers would be offered the chance to drive in the 2019/20 Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Series after the Covid-19 Pandemic had demolished the calendar and resulted in a shuffle of available seats. The Jaguar China Racing squad would place Segers in the #8 car for the final seven races of the season in Berlin, with their entry moving into the Pro class for the finale. Segers duly opened his eTrophy account with a sixth place in class on his debut, having fought his way past the lead Pro-Am entry of Fahad Algosaibi.
A Berlin Audition: 2019/20
Segers second race saw him improve to fifth in class, having spent the 2020 Berlin eTrophy Race 2 fighting with Alice Powell for the position. The 2020 Berlin eTrophy Race 3 would see Segers enjoy his strongest race, with the Frenchman fighting up to fourth from sixth on the grid. In the fourth Berlin Race Segers would set the fastest lap of the race, having fought with Takuma Aoki for sixth in class, before an impressive start to the 2020 Berlin eTrophy Race 5 saw him lead the race in the early laps. Segers would eventually fall back to fourth after trying to resist the attentions of eventual podium finishers Simon Evans, Sérgio Jimenez and Cacá Bueno in the middle and closing stages of the race.
Full eTrophy Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Gregory Segers's career in the eTrophy in statistical form.
Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Entries
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Gregory Segers during their eTrophy career:
|Gregory Segers's Overall eTrophy Record|
|2019/20||PRO||Jaguar China Racing||8||Jaguar I-Pace||7th||42|
Below is a table showing Gregory Segers's full eTrophy record.
|Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Record|
Videos and Images:
- 'SIMON EVANS IS THE JAGUAR I-PACE ETROPHY CHAMPION', media.jaguarracing.com, (Jaguar Land Rover, 13/08/2020), https://media.jaguarracing.com/news/2020/08/simon-evans-jaguar-i-pace-etrophy-champion, (Accessed 18/05/2020)
- 'Grégory Segers', driverdb.com, (Driver DB AB, 2021), https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/gregory-segers/, (Accessed 19/05/2021)
- Chris Soulsby, 'Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY to support Formula E’s Berlin finale', motorsportweek.com, (Motorsport Media Services Ltd., 17/06/2020), https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/06/17/jaguar-i-pace-etrophy-to-support-formula-es-berlin-finale/, (Accessed 07/08/2020)
- 'BRAZILIAN BUENO BACK TO WINNING WAYS IN BERLIN', media.jaguarracing.com, (Jaguar Land Rover, 05/08/2020), https://media.jaguarracing.com/news/2019/09/jaguar-i-pace-etrophy-season-two-calendar-revealed-including-london-finale-and-attack, (Accessed 16/05/2020)
- 'VICTORY FOR SÉRGIO JIMENEZ IN BERLIN', media.jaguarracing.com, (Jaguar Land Rover, 06/08/2020), https://media.jaguarracing.com/news/2020/08/victory-sergio-jimenez-berlin-0, (Accessed 16/05/2020)
- 'BRAZILIAN 1-2 IN BAKING HOT BERLIN', media.jaguarracing.com, (Jaguar Land Rover, 08/08/2020), https://media.jaguarracing.com/news/2020/08/brazilian-1-2-baking-hot-berlin, (Accessed 17/05/2020)
- 'ETROPHY ‘SUPER SUNDAY’ DELIVERS THRILLS IN BERLIN', media.jaguarracing.com, (Jaguar Land Rover, 09/08/2020), https://media.jaguarracing.com/news/2020/08/etrophy-super-sunday-delivers-thrills-berlin, (Accessed 17/05/2020)
|2019/20 Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy|
|Jaguar China Racing • Jaguar Team Germany • Saudi Racing • Team Asia New Zealand • Team Yokohama Challenge • ZEG iCarros Jaguar Brazil|
|Manufacturers and Tyres|
|Jaguar • Michelin|
|0 Mário Haberfeld/Cacá Bueno • 7 Alice Powell • 8 Gregory Segers • 9 Manuel Cabrera/Nick Foster • 10 Sérgio Jimenez • 24 Takuma Aoki • 99 Simon Evans|
|8 Chao Sun/David Cheng • 9 Yaqi Zhang • 13 Fahad Algosaibi • 18 Adalberto Baptista • 34 Mashhur Bal Hejaila/Paul Spooner|
|Reema Juffali • Mario Domínguez • Oliver Webb • Abbie Eaton • Sven Förster • Jessica Hawkins • Vincent Radermecker|
|Diriyah 1 • Diriyah 2 • Mexico City • Berlin 1 • Berlin 2 • Berlin 3 • Berlin 4 • Berlin 5 • Berlin 6 • Berlin 7|
|2018/19 • 2019/20 Formula E Championship|