|D.O.B.||13 March 1987|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2015 Buenos Aires ePrix|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||1 (1 Starts)|
Marco Michael Andretti, born 13 March 1987, is a one time FIA Formula E Championship driver, whom raced for Andretti Autosport, a team run by his father, Michael, in 2014/15. Andretti is the grandson of F1 legend Mario Andretti, but has had a successful career of his own, having flirted with a seat in Formula One several times.
Andretti started go-karting at the age of 10, taking part in several championships throughout his time. In 2003, Andretti stepped up into cars, taking part in regional versions of the Formula Dodge Championship in America, taking the Eastern title in his debut year. He followed this with the 2004 title in the Southern version of the championship, before competing on and off in the Infiniti Pro Series, ending 2005 in tenth overall.
2006 saw Andretti enter the IndyCar Series for the first time, as well as earn a test with the Honda F1 Team at Jerez. Andretti had a successful test, but decided he would not compete in Formula One until he had won the IndyCar series, joining his father's team that year. Andretti scored his first win in the penultimate race of the season.
Andretti spent the next eight years of his career in IndyCar, as it evolved into the IZOD IndyCar Series, taking a best season finish of 5th in 2013. In all those years, Andretti had only raced for his father's team, but had only won once since his debut season.
Formula E History
Andretti joined the Andretti Autosport team after it emerged that Franck Montagny had failed a drugs test at the Putrajaya ePrix earlier in the season. With Montagny suspended, Jean-Eric Vergne (whom had replaced the Frenchman in Punta del Este) and the newly arrived Andretti were promoted to the team's main drivers, with Andretti taking over the #28 cars from Matthew Brabham. He made his début at the 2015 Buenos Aires ePrix, taking twelfth place. It was to be a one-off however, as Scott Speed was signed up to the Formula E team in time for the 2015 Miami ePrix.
Full Formula E Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Marco Andretti's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E Entries
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Marco Andretti during their FE career:
|Marco Andretti's Overall Formula E Record|
|2014/15||Andretti Autosport||28||Spark-Renault SRT_01E||30th||0|
Below is a table showing Marco Andretti's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- 'Marco Andretti', wikipedia.org, (WikiMedia, 03/07/2015), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Andretti, (Accessed 11/07/2015)
- 'Driver's Club: Marco Andretti', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/drivers-club/marco-andretti.aspx, (Accessed 11/07/2015)
- 'Ex-F1 driver Franck Montangy tests positive for cocaine derivative', autosport.com, (Haymarket Media, 01/01/2015), http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117253, (Accessed 25/04/2015)
- 'Marco Andretti to race in Buenos Aires ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/01/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/january/marco-andretti-to-race-in-buenos-aires-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- 'Da Costa wins spectacular Buenos Aires ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 10/01/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/january/antonio-felix-da-costa-wins-chaotic-buenos-aires-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)