|P.o.B.||Cannes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France|
|D.o.B.||8 July 1992|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2021 Diriyah E-Prix I|
|Formula E Career|
|Entries||15 (15 Starts)|
Norman Nato (born 8 July 1992 in Cannes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France) is a French racing driver, who competes for ROKiT Venturi Racing in the 2020/21 ABB FIA Formula E World Championship. A former GP2 Series/Formula 2 racer and current ELMS pilot, Nato got his first taste of FE equipment at the 2019 Rookie Test, having signed up to serve as a test/reserve driver for Venturi in 2018.
Nato's career began in karting at the age of six, with the Frenchman continuing to compete until he won the French KZ2 Championship at the age of seventeen. He would subsequently make his single-seater debut in 2010, joining the F4 Eurocup 1.6 series, finishing the season as runner-up to Stoffel Vandoorne. 2011 saw Nato move to the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series, scoring two podiums.
Nato remained in the Eurocup for 2012, while also competing the Alps version of the series, finishing runner-up in the latter. 2013 saw Nato enter the Formula Renault 3.5 Series, the top class of the World Series by Renault, and duly battled his way to thirteenth in the Championship. A second season in FR3.5 saw Nato claim his maiden victory, en-route to seventh in the Championship, before securing a seat in the GP2 Series for 2014.
Nato would have to wait more than a year to claim his maiden GP2 victory, however, with the Frenchman ultimately finishing the 2016 season, his second in GP2, in fifth overall. He remained in the series after its name change to the Formula 2 Championship in 2017, and subsequently picked up another win. However, come the end of 2017 Nato found himself unable to secure a seat in the series for a fourth season, and duly moved his attentions to other series.
Nato secured himself a seat in the European Le Mans Series for 2018, joining ex-GP2 employers Racing Engineering. The Frenchman duly aided the Spanish team to their maiden win in the ELMS, ending the season in third overall.
Formula E History
Nato joined the Venturi Formula E Team ahead of the 2018/19 ABB FIA Formula E Championship, partnering Simona de Silvestro as the team's test and reserve driver. The Frenchman duly aided the development of the Venturi VFE 05 in the early stages of the season, getting his first public run in the car at the 2019 Rookie Test. Nato would finish the test in tenth overall, a fraction slower than fellow Venturi tester Arthur Leclerc, but would miss out on a run at the 2019 Mexico City Test.
Debut Dreams: 2020/21
In October 2020, Venturi announced Nato would be replacing Felipe Massa for the 2020/21 season, with the Frenchman partnering Edoardo Mortara in the Monegasque run pair of Mercedes-EQ Silver Arrow 02s.
Post Formula E Career
Full Formula E Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Norman Nato's career in Formula E in statistical form:
|Norman Nato's Overall Formula E Record|
|2018/19||Venturi Formula E Team||48||Venturi VFE 05||Test/Reserve driver|
|2019/20||ROKiT Venturi Racing||0||Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01||Test/Reserve driver|
|2020/21||ROKiT Venturi Racing||71||Mercedes-EQ Silver Arrow 02|
Below is a table showing Norman Nato's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- Cybervoron, 'File:Norman Nato.jpg', wikipedia.org, (WikiMedia: Wikipedia, 22/06/2013), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Norman_Nato.jpg, (Accessed 20/02/2019)
- 'Norman Nato joins Edo Mortara at ROKiT Venturi Racing for Season 7', fiaformulae.com, (ABB FIA Formula E, 16/10/2020), https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2020/october/venturi-drivers-mortara-nato-season-7, (Accessed 16/10/2020)
- Sam Smith, 'Leclerc Joins Nato at Venturi for Rookie Test', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media, LLC., 05/01/2019), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/leclerc-joins-nato-at-venturi-for-rookie-test/, (Accessed 06/01/2019)
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- '2018 Full Season ELMS Entry List', dailysportscar.com, (Dailysportscar, 08/02/2018), http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/02/08/2018-full-season-elms-entry-list.html, (Accessed 20/02/2019)
- Jake Kilshaw, 'Venturi Announces Nato as Reserve Driver', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media, LLC., 07/12/2018), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/venturi-announces-nato-as-reserve-driver/, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- 'Nico Muller tops the times in Marrakesh rookie test for second year in succession', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 13/01/2019), https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2019/january/nico-muller-tops-the-times-in-marrakesh-rookie-test-for-second-year-in-succession, (Accessed 16/01/2019)
- 'VENTURI RACING EXTENDS RELATIONSHIP WITH NORMAN NATO AND ARTHUR LECLERC', venturi.com, (Venturi Automobiles, 20/11/2019), https://www.venturi.com/venturi-racing-extends-relationship-with-norman-nato-and-arthur-leclerc/, (Accessed 20/11/2019)